Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Confession: I don't iron

I got the kids a toy washer/dryer today. It has an ironing board on the side and a toy iron. I picked it up and put it in The Princess' room while Little Man was at pre-school. When he got out of the tub tonight he walked by her room and stopped. He said, "Hmm... Something is different here." I said, "Oh yeah? Like what?" He practically rolled his eyes at me, apparently he's getting too old for me to play dumb with, lol. "That! That washer is new!"
Anyway, we went in to play with it, and he knew that the doll clothes went in the washer first, then the dryer, but he had to ask me, "What's this thing?" It was an iron. Oh geez, Mama doesn't iron, lol. He's probably never seen one in his life. I demonstrated how it works and told him what its purpose is. He looked at me like I had three heads. He's playing with it now. The iron is a "scanner" that scans the clothes for dirt before they go into the wash.... Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment