Saturday, 16 March 2013

Pooh Shoes

Do you ever get yourself something ridiculous just because you know it will make your kids smile? My sense of fashion has changed dramatically since I had kids. And not just in the "this is comfy and practical and will have dried oatmeal on it by 7am anyway so who cares what it looks like" sort of way, but I find myself shopping and saying to myself, "That shirt has Mickey Mouse on it, how much would The Princess LOVE it when she saw me wearing that?" And that's how I choose a lot of my clothing these days. That's why Daddy has Angry Birds pajama pants and I bought Minnie Mouse lounge pants and Pingu socks. Are we alone in our insanity or do other people do this too? So anyway, the other day I'm perusing Kijiji under the search "Pooh" because The Princess is OBSESSED, and I stumble across these gigantic, plush Pooh head slippers... For adults. And just my size too! Only $2, so I think, it's worth two bucks to see the look on her face when I wear them. Hee hee, Mommy is so sly, I think to myself. Needless to say, she liked them. A lot. Too much. They were a big hit, so long as I didn't mind dragging her around by my ankles all morning while she clung to my slippers screaming, "New Pooh MINE!!!!", over and over again. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment