Friday, 25 January 2013

Mama Cat Takes a Nap

The Princess has this annoying little quirk right now where she always wants me to sit on the couch in our living room. She doesn't want to sit with me, she wants to play with her toys, she just wants to know where I am, like I'm a piece of furniture. Part of her feng shui of toddlerhood. Wherever I am, she just takes my hand, leads me over to the couch, pats the seat, and says, "Down!" (Everything The Princess says is a command.) It's kind of annoying, because come on kid, I've got things to do! But I do concede a few times a day.

Today I let her lead me over and I plopped down with a sigh, happy to take a load off after spending the morning cleaning up from "playdate-ageddon" at my house yesterday. A few minutes pass. The kids are playing. I'm sitting. I'm watching Toy Story. I've seen this movie ten trillion times (totally not exaggerating at all). I have to admit that I may have dozed off (ready to accept my parent of the year award any day now...). I wake up to Little Man saying, "Mommy wake up! Mommy I want to play cut your hair!" (When a three year old mentions cutting your hair, you wake up pretty damn fast! He was just playing pretend, by the way.) So I'm sitting on the couch still, The Princess is sitting beside me, my shirt is yanked down, she is firmly latched and nursing, with her head turned so she can still see the tv (heaven forbid she not be able to). There's a cowboy hat on my head. There's a balloon hanging limply from my mouth. I can't have been asleep more than a couple minutes. Little Man smiles at me and simply says, "Blow please!". This is my life. Welcome to parenthood- these are the only naps you get now. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment