Sunday, 20 January 2013

On the floor...

So.... This is my first blog post. Is that what it's called? A post? I have no idea how to do this. I know two things: I love (and I mean, LOVE) the iPad I got for Christmas; and I hate sitting on the floor.

I'm sitting on the floor because for the last four weeks my daughter has decided not to sleep. All parents have been here I know. The only way I can get her to stay in her bed at bedtime long enough to drift off is if I sit on the floor, right outside her door, reading my book and browsing the Internet on my beloved iPad. I'm seriously not sure what I'd be doing with myself if I hadn't gotten the iPad. My thumbs would be getting a lot of twiddling practice. So here I am, sitting on the floor, outside the door. Hence the name of this blog. I figured I'd try it out. I mean really, I'm a stay at home mom so clearly, I've got nothing but time. It gets tiresome watching soap operas and eating bon bons all day long.

I'm enticed by the idea of getting to do some writing, which I haven't done in a very long time, and getting to use my brain a little. Though who knows what shape it is in. I can sing all the words to most of the Disney movies. I know which Little People belong with which sets, for all the sets. I know that Little Man likes ketchup on his hotdog and his KD and The Princess likes ketchup on her hotdog but NOT on her KD. Mix this up, and madness ensues. Beyond the kid-absorbed details, my brain doesn't get out much. That's ok. I love my job. I love my kids. I love my family and my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything. But, maybe this writing thing can be something that's just for me? Of course I'll mostly be talking about my kids, because after all, I got lucky enough to get the two best on the whole planet in the entire history of time (in my most humble, unbiased opinion).

My butt hurts.
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment